As an Adopt-A-Precinct participant, your 501(c)(3) organization agrees to provide volunteers who meet all of the qualifications to serve as Election Workers in Hernando County. Your volunteers are required to complete all training for their assigned positions, and they must work at their assigned voting location or Early Voting site. Your volunteers must agree to donate the money they would have earned to your 501(c)(3) organization. The Supervisor of Elections will pay your organization directly.
In order to qualify, all Election Workers must: (F.S. 102.012, 102.014)
- Be a Citizen of the United States
- Be a registered voter in Hernando County. Check your voter registration here: www.hernandovotes.gov/Voters/Voter-Lookup-Tool
- Be able to speak, read and write the English language clearly.
- Attend a minimum of three hours of mandatory training
- Have a reliable source of transportation
- Be available to work the entire time allotted to them on their scheduled day(s). Election Day is approximately 14 hours.
- Have an email account and a phone with voicemail that they check regularly
- Have access to a computer and basic computer literacy to complete some of the training
- Have the ability to lift up to 25lbs, stand or sit for long periods of time, and be able to assemble some voting equipment and set-up supplies
- Be professional, courteous and polite, able to work with the public and co-workers, and must remain non-partisan during training and throughout their assignment on Election Day and/or Early Voting.
- Agree to and sign the Hernando County Drug-Free Policy and Oath.