Requirements and Application
Thank you for applying to become a Hernando County Election Worker.
As an Election Worker, you will be the face of Democracy for your neighbors, family, and friends.
You will be representing the Supervisor of Elections (SOE) and our team of permanent and temporary employees.
We look forward to working with you and celebrating another free and fair election in Hernando County!
- Election Workers must follow the Florida Election Laws.
- Election Workers must be registered voters in Hernando County.
To check your voter registration, go to
The Voter Lookup Tool.
- Election Workers are required by law to attend training prior to each election.
In Hernando County, we use in-person and online training for different aspects of every position.
- Election workers must have their own smartphone, tablet, or computer which they routinely check for emails,
voicemails, and/or text messages.
- Election Workers must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking the
English language. Bi-lingual candidates (fluent in Spanish and English) are especially encouraged to apply.
- Election Workers must have their own transportation.
- Election Workers must be able to lift approximately 15 pounds.
- Election Workers must show up for work at 6:00 AM and work for
approximately 14 hours on Election Day. Election Workers take breaks, but cannot leave the polling place.
- Election Workers must wear appropriate "business-casual" attire during training and while working the election.
- Election Workers must be non-partisan in speech and dress during
training and while working the election.
- Election Workers are asked to refrain from overtly-partisan comments
or not to identify themselves as Election Workers on social media.
Election Workers must refrain from spreading inaccurate information about Elections.
- Election Workers will be required to complete on-boarding paperwork for Hernando County Payroll.
Election workers are paid by direct deposit only.
- Election Workers must sign the Hernando County Drug-Free Compliance Document.